Written by my good friend, Doctor Jessica
Hey Guys. So my good friend Jessica is a big time health guru and she’s also a doctor at an Urgent Care Center in Huntington Beach, California. So, when I went to visit her last week, she thought it’d be a pretty awesome idea if I was to let her write a quick blog post on my blog. So shout out to Jessica for the article below!
The choices you make and how you decide to live your life can determine whether or not you will be healthy. The main benefit of choosing a good lifestyle choice is that you are able to prevent the likelihood of having a stroke, liver problems, heart disease, liver problems, heart disease and any other kind of cancers. Below are some of the things that you should do for you to stay healthy.
- Do not smoke. If you are smoking, you should stop doing so as it is very bad for your health and may bring a lot of complications in the future. It may be very hard to stop smoking so it is advisable for you to see a medical expert who will help you throughout the whole process as it may be very beneficial to you and you may also be less likely to fall ill.
- Be fit and regular physical activity. Been active and doing some regular physical activity which will get you a little sweaty and out of breath is good for you. Walking for a few minutes can also be a very effective way of staying healthy. However, for you to get the best results, you have to be more vigorous as the more vigorous the activity is, the better the results especially if you are trying to lose weight.
- Always eat a healthy diet. You should have a variety of fruits and vegetables in your meals every single day. A third of your meal should contain starch such as wholegrain bread, cereals, potatoes, pasta or rice plus vegetables and fruits. You should avoid foods that are high in fat should be avoided and opt for foods that are low in fat. You should also include 2 to 3 portions of fish in your meals every day and also try to limit the amount of salt that is in your food.
- Try to lose weight especially if you are obese or overweight. It is very important for you to have the right weight and make sure that you maintain it at all times so as to ensure that you are living in a healthy way. Talk to a medical expert and get to know how much weight you are supposed to lose or even gain.
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol. Alcohol is very harmful to your health and that is why it is important you monitor the amount of alcohol you take in. Men should not go past the limit of 21 units of alcohol in a week while women should